Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Montana Nostalgia

If you're ever in the area, Polebridge MT is a truly special place. Although at least 1/5 of the town is portrayed within this frame, I assure you its well worth the 15 miles of dirt road it takes to get there. Just to give you an idea of the laid back earthy attitude that permeates the place, my brother and I were taking refuge in the shade of a nearby yard as we waited for a hitch into the NW part of Glacier national park. When the women who lived there walked out on her porch I apologized for sitting on her lawn, to which she responded "if its a good place for you its a good place for me." Wow.
And the baked goods at the mercantile are delectable.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Before I even read the words to this post, I thought, "Polebridge." LOVE IT. I used to make a point to visit every year since I discovered it in college ... it has been almost two years since ... boo ...