Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fallen Leaves

My day off today had me in quite a mood. I've been thinking a lot about humankind as fallen from nature (bleak I know)--that our everyday betrayals of the natural environment really take a toll on one's own spiritual well being; in addition to, but not separate from, the broader ecological well being of the planet. (I told you I was in a mood). On my short walk today, with just a few blinks of twilight left, and a 50mm, I took some portraits of fallen leaves that perfectly described my feeling.
After having some quality interactions with friends and experiencing some warmth and humanity, the feeling dissipated (go figure). Although I think this desolate feeling has at least something to do with living in this "ultra-super-duper modern age" (you heard it here first), I'm for certain that its also a symptom of the psychological disorder known as doing-too-many-errands-on-your-dayoff.

No comments: