Friday, July 6, 2007

First Day on the Job


Well, my first day on the job consisted of hovering over other photojournalists shoulders watching them shoot, and process there images. One more day of this and I will most likely achieve mastery. But in all earnestness, my co-workers are great. Work feels as homey as work can feel on the first day. Also, for the last hour and a half of my shift my editor told me to, "go, explore the town." I can do that, I said. And I could. I did. In fact this image came from my exploration--down at the boat yard. This woman, Kelly, was masking lines on her boat in preparation for a new paint job. She had a serious case of what she described as "fivefootitous". Its that terrible malady in which sufferers forever long for boats five feet longer than the ones they have. Poor woman.

No comments: