Sunday, December 2, 2007

Prayer Tree


I've been a long-time fan of both trees and prayer flags, so I was quite pleased the other day when I came across a happy marriage of the two while I was out shooting a cold weather feature. Of course, it didn't get the coldness thing across, so I took what I like to think of as a photojournalistic smoke-break and shot completely un-news-related, peopleless scenes.
I've never been to the Himalayas, and I'm not a practicing Buddhist, but a get this particular feeling of comfort and hominess whenever I come across prayer flags. Thats all, just a pleasant visual surprise.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I like this one a lot, partially because I am also fond of prayer flags and trees. But, I think the cold gray sky gets something across too. Brrrr!! yet hopeful and beautiful too.