Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Where's Waldo: Deluxe Photographer Edition


This from tonight's Obama rally in Evansville. Funny story from tonight: about half way through Obama's speech a reporter who was doing video came up to me urgently asking for one of my memory cards, so I gave her one that I hadn't used yet from my pocket, thinking that she had run out of memory. After the speech I went back to the Courier table where my editor was submitting remotely from a laptop. He asked me why there was no Obama pictures on the card that the reporter had retrieved from me. What I thought was a request for a card to use, was actually a request for Obama pictures to update the website with. Whats funny, is that while there certainly wasn't any Obama pictures on the card, there was some left over personal shots, such as my photo collage panorama of sauteed veggies.
A couple weeks back while cooking up some fresh vegetables I couldn't help but notice how pretty the vegetables looked, partly sliced red, green and yellow peppers splayed out across my wooden cutting board, with some already in the black pan (you're just going to have to trust me on that one). So I took like a 40 small macro shots of different portions of the scene, to eventually combine into one large photo collage to put on my wall. The thought of my editor frantically looking for Obama pictures to post online, only to find dozens of arty macro shots of sliced veggies just makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IM STILL LOOKING FOR WALDO!
Where is he?