Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Calm before the Tiger


A couple weeks into our trip, and I hardly know where to start. We just got back to Sumatra after a week long tiger conference in Thailand, and it looks like we’re finally ready to move on from hotel buffet’s, airport lounges and debates about the best ways to count tigers (scat, tracks, or camera traps?) and we’re ready to get out into the field and take some pictures. We’ve definitely witnessed some exciting (and definitely tragic) moments so far as we’ve chased the tiger’s tail. But since those photos aren’t mine to share, I’m gonna go ahead and post pictures from the many moments that take place between those which will end up on the pages of nat geo sometime in early 2011.
The busy days and constant movement has held back my blogging, but I’ve got plenty of pictures to share, so I’ll start from today and trace backward. These first pictures are from the airport in Bonda Aceh today.

No comments: