Saturday, March 17, 2007

Alex

I saw Alex and her vibrant blue umbrella, first, as I anxiously power-walked back to my car to fetch my camera several afternoons ago. Everything I saw had started to look like a picture, and I was already cursing myself for leaving my camera behind. So, I complimented Alex on her umbrella and decided to make due with "neurochrome" image capture (i.e. memory). Fortunately, I later bumped into Alex again hanging out on Pearl St. and she gladly obliged to pose for some portraits. Although, I wish the background had been a bit cleaner, I really prefer to shoot natural portraits, with the subject in her environment as is. I am visiting their territory, rather than attempting to transplant them into a preconceived photograph. I don't see anything wrong with the latter, except that I don't like to.

No comments: