Friday, March 30, 2007

A Matter of Frames

Continuing in the rich tradition of photographing mountains through parking decks, I made/took this photograph while fumbling around Golden looking for wild art. I don't know if this series is even a little bit pleasing to anyone else (my roommate responded with a mildly befogged, but more of a neutral "huh"), but I sure would like to put together an exhibit of mountain-car garage images, even if it only goes as far as the walls of my room. There are only so many rock arches to frame mountains with, and most of them are at least 5 hours away from here. Too much time/money/fuel to burn towards photographing something that so many photographs have already been made of. That said, as soon as I get the time/money/fuel to burn, I will for sure head down there to the motherland of arches for a few nights backpack. Which brings me to the next thing I love about Boulder: its so much closer than the east coast to all my favorite places in the United States. In fact, its pretty much equidistantly close to all of my favorite places in the US--lets call it the mean of my favorite places in the US.
One more thing, on a total sidenote, and I promise not to venture too far from photography: how could I have forgotten about Bob Marley?!?! Man, what a musical genius. Having been reminded of this, I find it even less understandable why we peddle out so many prescription anti-depressants to our mopey.
One more music related thing: Andrew Bird continues to put out some of the highest grade and most creatively juiced music around. Thank goodness for that.

No comments: