Sunday, March 4, 2007

Why I love Boulder...

...amongst other reasons, folks breakdance on the corner on a Sunday afternoon. These guys moved their bodies in ways that I'm just not accustomed to seeing bodies moved. A real joy to watch. I thought maybe if I observed for long enough that I might gradually absorb some of their moves. I haven't tested it out yet. I think I need to spectate a little more first.
Although they each seemed to have a great deal of fun dancing, the greatest part about it is that nearly every person who walked by had a huge smile on their face. Now if we could only replace every third sidewalk folksinger with a group of b-boys, then we'd really be making progress. Thanks for coming out to Pearl Street, guys. Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment:

Evan Petrie said...

Cool photograph Serge. I like that it says "old chicago" in the background too. Grinnell could definitely use some break dancing. How sweet would that be to walk down to McNally's and see some kids break dancing?